Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Treat Your List With Respect

This Could Be a Dangerous Blog Article For Me

Every time I enter a new blog post, I email my list of subscribers to let them know there is a new post out there.  Now I must say, most of these subscribers came from sources other than my blog. However, I feel that with my blog I am mostly trying to offer useful and informative information and not jamming sales copy down people's throats with every post.  Because of this, I feel fortunate that most folks have been receptive to receiving my "Blog Post Update" emails.  Of course, with each email, the recipient has the option to Unsubscribe, and I do get a couple of those from time to time.

Occasionally I do send an "offer" to my list when something exciting or timely comes along, but I do this very sparingly out of respect for the people on my list.  After all, they did not subscribe to advertisement from me that said they would receive offers ever day

We must be careful to treat our "List" with respect.  The people on our list have busy lives just like we do.  Also, there are written (Spamming) rules and even unwritten rules out there in this business that dictate that we do not blatantly send emails to our list for things they did not request.

I suppose I could go on and on.

The moral of the story is this...

If you are one of those marketers out there who are sending new offers to your email list on a daily basis for things they never even asked for, it's time to take a break and give them a break.

Treat your list members with the same respect you want to be treated with.

To your success,

Bob Swetz
Rjs@Home

P.S. For those of you on my list.  If you feel I am overstepping my bounds with my emails, PLEASE feel free to let me know, I would appreciate the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment